In 1999 a dentist told me I had 4 wisdom teeth that needed to come out. Well, here it is 2008 and they are still in there. Between pregnancy(s), moving, and other medical issues no dentist wanted to touch them. But that all changes on Friday (as long as I don't chicken out). Here in Misawa, you only get to go to the dentist once a year (during the service member's birth month). After several cancellations and a lot of confusion, I was able to see the dentist the first week of January. I was told then that, yes, the teeth very much needed to come out but it would probably be March when the surgeon had an appointment for me. They, the wisdom teeth (actually just one of them) have been giving me problems for about 2 years now but about 4 days before we left Texas to come to Japan, they very much started to hurt. I wasn't too happy about being told I would have to wait a few months to get them out but there isn't much you can do about it here. Well......they, the dental clinic, called today at about 3:30 and told me, "Oh, Mrs. Ray, we need you to be here at 7:15 on Friday and don't forget that your husband has to stay in the clinic waiting area until the surgery is done." Uhhh? I guess they had a cancellation last minute. I would be beyond happy but the timing kind of stinks. We had a blizzard last week so they canceled all college classes that day. The make up day for it is this Friday. Brandon is going to have to take the morning off to go sit in the clinic during the surgery (they make the spouse stay there just in case something goes wrong) and then go back to work after lunch. He will get off around 3 and then have to be at school by 4. So...Joey is going to a sitter in the morning during my surgery and now we are looking for a sitter for me while Brandon is in school (I think I will be fine on the drugs but everyone seems to think someone needs to be here with us just in case) until 10:00. Good thing we have a Wii. At least they can have a little fun while they "babysit". Joey is also having his birthday party on Saturday afternoon. Not too sure how much help I am going to be in setting up for it but I guess it won't matter much.
Oh, this picture is Joey trying to talk daddy into letting him sleep in his sleeping bag in the toy room. Daddy is just so mean...How can you say no to such a sweet little boy.
No comments:
Post a Comment