I think the television is going to make me go crazy. Lie actually out of my mind. Here in Misawa, we do not get to watch normal commercials. There is no 30 second spot advertising for the new 99 cent menu at McDonald's or how you can save money by switching to Geico. Nope, here at Misawa (and I guess all overseas military bases) you get AFN commercials. It wouldn't be so bad if they didn't show the same 10 over and over again. They break them up a bit by showing an occasional "What State Is This" one but for the most part this is all we see. I was trying to describe the Mr.Soapy ones to my mom and decided that I should just see if it was on youtube because there was no way I would be able to do it justice over the phone. Here are the links to the 2 AFN Misawa Commercial you just have to see!
Mr. Soapy Commercial
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBWWotAdp80&NR=1
Mr. Soapy Returns
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_XyWsMWkTU
Yes, these are very real commercials that we watch over and over every day! I never thought I would miss real commercials, we always would change the channel during them, now I would love to see a commercial about the latest over the counter heart burn medicine or how to stop dead spots in your grass.
What brought this subject of TV commercials up? Well, the Super Bowl is coming up and I hate football. The only thing that has ever made football bearable was the funny commercials. I even went into labor with Joey during the Super Bowl while watching the commercials. They are having this big Super Bowl party at the enlisted club with babysitting, food and fun prizes. It starts at like 6am and they make a big deal out it all. It just won't be the same without the commercials!
Below are a few links to some other AFN commercials I found on YouTube. If you have time, take a look. I'm hoping someone might feel bad for us and record a tape of nothing but good old American commercials and send them to us. Just kidding, well, maybe.
*(If you have time for only one....you JUST HAVE to watch the Don't Pass Gas one)
*Don't Pass Gas Grandpa
http://youtube.com/watch?v=connRUHZ8r4
Hercules Power of Attorney
http://youtube.com/watch?v=mghxZzWVO7A
Family Housing
http://youtube.com/watch?v=YSEUOQSIpfc
Communicate with your Spouse while deployed
http://youtube.com/watch?v=LemcePDZSxk
Bird Flu Commercial
http://youtube.com/watch?v=4EyZ6z9dTQg
Baaaaam, I'm a styrofoam cup, yo!
http://youtube.com/watch?v=SpOb_qSggGE
Misawa Safety Spot
http://youtube.com/watch?v=VU4hhHcgyT4
Chicken Knows Best
http://youtube.com/watch?v=_fwnPKOYQEY
Wednesday, January 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment