So, its 12:26 in the morning and I am still up. Why you may ask? Well, two reasons.
First, a sweet little boy I know, no name will be given, has changed his mind for the 10th time on what kind of party he wants to have for his birthday. First he wanted "Howdy Town", a party based some DVD he got in Texas that uses cowboys and talking ponies to teach manors and responsibility. Great I thought. A cowboy party, that is something I know something about. Then it changed. Next he wanted a Care Bear Party. Okay, that I might have a bit more trouble with but after some searching online, I found ways to have a fun Care Bear party. Thank goodness I haven't bought the plates yet. Now my sweet little boy (I must keep repeating sweet to remind myself just how much I love him) wants a Planet Heroes Party. So...now I am looking for ideas on a party based on the Solar System. I know a lot of you are probably thinking, "She is nuts! Its a 5 year-old's birthday party. Go with one theme and tell him its too late to change his mind." Well, the point of no return on what he wants the theme to be will be Wednesday (um..I think that is today). So, we might end up with a cowboy astronauts visit Care-A-Lot land party, those pictures would be interesting.
The other reason I am up so late is because smart me decided to cook a turkey (it had been thawing in the fridge for a few days) at 6:30. Smart. I have had to stay up to wait for it to cook, cool off, then remove the bones, separate it into the portion I need for the different meals it goes into and then put it away. I should have learned the lesson on not starting a cooking project after 4pm from when I decided to start a batch of bread at 7pm (that was another LONG night).
I guess it is a good thing that my husband is the one that has to get up early in the morning and not me. I don't think I would even hear the alarm. Not that I ever hear it anyways! The building we are in is one of the older ones so your standard American alarm clock does not keep proper time here and the locals don't seem to use the plug in type so we are using Brandon's travel alarm clock. He hasn't overslept yet so I guess he can hear it okay.
Well, the bird should be cooled off by now. Back to the kitchen!
Wednesday, January 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
you should have put the turkey, pan and all out on the balcony to cool overnight. It would have been cold (frozen a little maybe) the next morning but you could have dealt with it then. I used to do that all the time up north.
I never would have thought of that! I could have gone to bed early! Darn! I have heard about people putting the soda out in the snow rather than using the fridge (at parties and such) but not this!
Post a Comment