Saturday, February 2, 2008

Hello...I'm Alive (kind of)



Okay, so the first person to tell me I look awful is in big trouble. As you can see, I had my wisdom teeth taken out. It hurts. It turned out that both of my lowers ones were in a really bad spot. One had the root just infront of the nerve and the other had the root completly wraped around the nerve. When they were trying to get the one wraped aroun the nerve out, they accidently pulled on the nerve which is not a good thing. I now have no feeling on my right side of my lip/gums/tounge area. They are not sure just how long that is going to last. He said it might go back to normal in a few weeks and it might not at all. Great. Just one more thing to worry about. I was also having a bad reaction to the meds they gave me and had to go to the Urgent Care center at 11pm to get it switched out. This expereince has shown me how blessed we are to be in Misawa. When we needed to go to the Urgent Care center at 11 at night, I didn't have to take even a second to think of just who I could call to watch Joey. We knew right away the names of at least 4 people we could call. Brandon's boss is out of town and I knew his wife stayed up late so.....we called and asked if she could take Joey. (they also live in the next building). Because we had almost no notice that the surgery was going to happen I was freaking out about who was going to watch Joey during it and who was going to watch me when Brandon went back to work. I was stressing out about how I was going to put together the last minute details for Joey's birthday party. Before I could even make a few phone calls, I had people practicaly climbing over themselves to help. I had three very sweet people show up early for our party to help set up and one even brought punch knowing Brandon wouldn't remember that small detail. Joey had a great birthday party. I was afraid that we wouldn't have much fun because I didn't plan much but Brandon brought down the projector and we put in a movie and played it on the wall. It was about the most quiet kids party I had ever been to. Well, time for me to take more drugs and pack more ice on my face. I hope all is well with you all.

No comments: