Wednesday, August 27, 2008

It Sold...But...

The house is sold...that's what is important and we have to remember.....
(If I type it enough, think I will start to believe it?)
Got an email from our Agent today. When we dropped our price on the house, he had helped us do some numbers to make sure we went as low as we could WITHOUT loosing money. I think we forgot to carry over a decimal point or something somewhere.
We were a very surprised when we got our email saying the house was no longer ours (as the closing took place several days early...from the new closing date) but we were even more surprised when we read that the guy that did our settlement was mailing us the HUD-1 form and a check for $1,600.00ish. Cool. The house was sold for well under $30,000.00 of the appraised value but we were just happy to sell in this market. And to pocket a little money off it too? Great.
And then the email came....our Agent read the paper work wrong. We actually owe $1,600.00ish. Thank goodness we have savings!!!
But again, I have to keep reminding my self...the house is sold. No more payments!

1 comment:

momray said...

It sounds to me like your agent or whoever did the paperwork should be the one paying the $1600 or at least half of it. It should come out their commision. I think you may be getting scamed!