Brandon was having his final exam in one of the two college classes he is taking this semester so we decided to do something special for dinner. I was given a waffle recipe from a friend that she claimed was better than anything I had ever had. It might have been better than Bisquick taste wise but I’m not sure it was “better” for us. (I will put the recipe at the end of the blog….give me some suggestions on how to lighten it up) It only has 16 tablespoons of butter! They were good. Brandon likes them so I guess I will have to make some and freeze them for him. Anwho…thought I would share!
World’s Best Waffles 
Whisk together in a large bowl:
1_3/4 cups all purpose flour
1_1/4 tablespoon baking powder
1 tablespoon sugar
½ teaspoon salt
Whisk together in another bowl:
3 large eggs, well beaten
16 tablespoons unsalted, melted butter
1_1/2 cup butter milk
Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour in the wet ingredients. Wisk a few times (should be a little lumpy) and cook on warm waffle iron.
1 comment:
We love waffles. We'll try this recipe and let you know what we think. :)
Post a Comment