Sunday, March 9, 2008

Not Much Going On

Its warming up a bit here in Misawa. I have been warned not to get to happy about it...its not done snowing yet they say. I think we have light snow showers almost every morning but by about noon it is in the high 30's or low 40's and the snow melts. What gets frustrating is that when the sun goes down, all the water from the melted snow turns into ice. It wouldn't be so bad if the warmer weather meant I could let Joey play a bit more outside but everything is just mud right now and my sweet little boy hates to get dirty.
The Japanese here in Misawa are having elections right now. They drive around in cargo vans with speakers mounted on the roof while they share their message. Its kind of funny at a stop light if you are the car stuck between two different candidates. They kind of shout back and forth at each other. The only two words at all we understand are "ohiogozimas" and "konniechewa" (probably I spell it wrong). That is good morning and good afternoon.
Brandon has caught a nasty cold and spent a good part of the afternoon just relaxing in front of the TV watching some strange space show. After Joey went to bed I pulled out my Copic markers and have been playing around with blending and trying to understand these strange aliens on Brandon's show.
Tomorrow morning is playgroup. Joey is a bit upset that he can't take his computer down with him to show the "guys" his hot wheel game. Its kind of funny to watch him figure out a computer game. He only wants you to tell him which button moves which way and then step back and let him get the rest on his own. He sure is a lot like his Daddy. That computer of his has also created the best leverage I have with him when he doesn't want to do what we ask. Take the power cord from his computer and it is the end of the world.
I have a few new pictures to add but can't seem to find the thingy that I put the memory card thingy in so it will fit the slot thing on the computer. I'll try and get it done tomorrow.
Hope you are all doing well!

No comments: