Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Yes, We Are Still Here!

You all haven't heard much about our little family over the last six months other than the wonderful visit by my parents and JuneBug. Part of this is because the internet service provider for the base changed out and boy are there issues there. Another reason is it is hard to know what I can or should share. I honestly don't know exactly what my husband has been doing in Iraq for the past 5 and a half months. From the few bits I have picked up here and there when he forgets to put me on hold, I don't think I want to know. They have these obnoxious AFN commercials that go on and on about OPSEC (operational security) and how even little bits of trivial information can somehow be used to help the bad guys create the "big picture". But hopefully that is coming to and end soon!

We are now in our 30 day window of return!!!!!!!! We are so very happy about this. At the same time there are all these other feelings and fears. When he returns, Brandon will have been gone for 6 months! That's half a year. A lot changes in half a year. During these 6 months I have learned for the first time to truly be independent. Yes, he has deployed before but this was the first time I couldn't just hop in the car and go visit Mom and Dad. I'm sure the reunion will be great and that all will go well....for now, I'm just a ball of nerves!

2 comments:

momray said...

Good to see you on again. We are excited to know that Brandon is about to return to your family. I am proud of the way you have handled this seperation.

Wanda Metcalf said...

I'm so happy you will be together soon! It must be really hard when he's gone so long.