Friday, September 5, 2008

The Passing Of A Great Man

We received a phone call this evening as we were getting ready for bed informing us that my Grandfather, Roy Metcalf, passed away last night in his sleep. Words can not express my emotions right now other that to say that I will miss him dearly and I am saddened that I was not able to visit with him one last time.

Joey and I are coming on the first available flight we can get from Tokyo and arriving this Saturday (Houston time) early afternoon. We wish we were able to arrive sooner but we must travel first from Misawa to Tokyo by train and then from their fly home.

I can't really type more right now. Thank you all for your prayers this past year.

1 comment:

Genevieve said...

I am so sorry for your loss. I hope that you and your family are blessed with peace.