
Being sick just stinks! Well, stinks isn't the right word. I can't smell anything. I have been fighting, and loosing a battle with this cold for several days now. Brandon has been lucky to not catch it yet but I know just as I start to get over it, he will come down with it. Great. Then, just as he gets it, so will Joey. Fun. Brandon actually has a duty weekend this weekend so we could not go anywhere so I guess this was a good weekend to be sick. Duty days/weekends are kind of nice here. Brandon had to stay about an hour later at work on Friday and unless it snows this weekend or there is a problem and they call, doesn't have to do anything. If it snows, he gets to go shovel a bit around the building but there doesn't seem to be any forcasted this weekend. He actually voluntered to be a driver Friday night/Saturday monring. He got to go hang out at the on base 24 hour cafe with another guy in his shop and wait for drunk people to call and ask for a ride. The base offers the program on the weekends for free to help prevent DWI's. He got a free meal out of it and it goes down as volutere work for promotions and evaluation stuff. Joey is doing very well. He is on a big Care Bear kick right now. Not exactly sure where it started but he likes playing with them. We also just got done printing out all of his Letter People and coloring all of them. We even got the laminated and ready to stick on the wall. The problem we seem to be running into is there is no ticky-tack to be found here and I don't want to use normal tape that might damage the paint on the wall. So...if someone back in the states could throw some in the mail for us that would be great. If you don't know what the Letter People are you are missing out. At Tomball Elementary we had these cute little visitors once a week to teach us the alpabet. The Letter People are funny looking "People" whoes boddies are formed from letters. They are cute and funny looking but they work. There are funny silly songs to go with each one and even movies from the 70's for them. They have updated them a bit since I was taught them to make some of the politically correct but we are using the older ones because they are the ones I was able to get all of the materials for. I guess even one of the preschools in JuneBug's area uses them. What was funny was one of the other Navy wives here in Misawa, and there are few of us, was talking to me about having trouble getting her daughter to learn her abc's and I was telling her what we were using the letter people. She looked at me funny and then asked if the letter T was "Tall Teeth". It is! She is 30 and she used the letter people way back when she was in kindergarten too in Utah. Small world. Everything else is about the same here. One neat thing is we can use coupons from the states here in Misawa on base up to six months after they expire. So....if any of you have any coupons laying around and a spare stamp somewhere...we would love to take them off your hands! That's about it for us. Hope everyone is well. Oh, also, we would like to welcome Brandon's mom, JoAnn to the blogging world! Now someone just needs to help her learn to use it.
No comments:
Post a Comment