Well, It's official. Brandon is going to be deploying to Iraq in February. I have been holding off on actually saying anything to everyone until we knew for sure. He will be gone for about 6 or so months and as soon as I have an address for him I will share it. Joey and I will be staying here in Misawa. As to where exactly in Iraq Brandon is going...I have no clue. What is he going to be doing...again, no clue. I just know he is going and I know two of the wives from the group he is going with.
I'm not sure just how I feel about this. We came to Misawa following 6ish years on sea duty (hey, even when the ship was in dry dock, it was still sea duty) and a year of a unaccompanied tour with Brandon in Bahrain. This is our shore duty. That is technically supposed to mean he stays here....on shore! I think the hardest part of this deployment is going to be that I am in Japan. When Brandon went to Bahrain I was in Virginia but I knew if anything bad happened my family was only a 3 or 4 hour flight away. When everything did fall apart, our families were there for us immediately. Now I am a 14 hour flight and a 9 hour train ride away.
Please keep our little family in your prayers while we get ready for this deployment an that Brandon will be safe while he is gone.
Monday, January 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment