Tuesday, May 6, 2008

My New Stove


I have had an on going love hate relationship with my oven/stove since we arrived here in Misawa. Things didn't always cook evenly and the door would pop itself closed for no gosh darn good reason when you were trying to pull out the pan you have inside. That can cause some cute little burns. I have one that looks like a Christmas tree on my right arm now. Well, I heard that they got new stoves in so I called housing and when they arrived first thing this morning...they brought me this!! I am very happy. Not sure how to use it all but I'm happy. It has some neat features like being able to have the top rack and bottom rack of the oven at two different temps. The drawer under the oven, you know the one you keep the cookie sheets in normally...well, this one has a temperature knob so you can use it as a warmer. Also, you can separate the top rack in the oven and put a roasting pan in one part and the have the half rack above it. Hard to describe but oh too neat. Its pretty lame me getting all excited over a new stove but around here it is the little things that matter. Today a Friend came over and we reorganized my pantry. Tonight Joey has soccer practice and that just about it for us.

1 comment:

momray said...

Sounds like that stove is too smart for me. I stuck with the same setups that we had before, just newer models. I am excited for you getting such a nice stove.